WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are the life-force of plants. They help the plant to regulate itself and add health and overall wellness. These oils can work in much the same way for us.
There are three ways to use essential oils: aromatically, topically, and internally. It takes 20 minutes for an essential oil to reach every cell in your body from the time you apply them. There are around 100 trillion cells in our bodies, and one drop of essential oil contains over 40 million trillion molecules! This means every single cell in our body, in 20 minutes, is covered by 400,000 essential oil molecules.
HOW DO YOU USE ESSENTIAL OILS?
You may use essential oils in one of three ways: aromatically, topically, and even internally. Each bottle is labeled for proper use. The following are some guidelines to help get you started.
- AROMATIC: Smell the essential oil directly from the bottle or your hand, or use a cold water diffuser.
- TOPICAL: Place a drop into your palm and rub the essential oil on the back of the neck, bottom of the feet, wrists, spine, top of the head, or anywhere there is a need. Use a carrier oil when needed.
- INTERNAL: Only use essential oils that are labeled for consumption from the Vitality line. You may add a drop or two into an empty capsule and top off with a carrier oil, use a drop under your tongue, add a drop to a glass or stainless steel water bottle, or add a drop to honey or another edible item.
Learn about safely using essential oils by reading more HERE
IS QUALITY IMPORTANT?
“Young Living is proud to set the standard for essential oil purity and authenticity by carefully monitoring the production of our oils through our unique Seed to Seal process. From the time the seed is sourced until the oil is sealed in the bottle, we apply rigorous quality controls to ensure that you are receiving essential oils exactly the way nature intended.” Read more here about Young Living’s Seed to Seal.
- STEP 1: SEED Seeds are carefully selected by experts based on the previous year crop potency and effectiveness.
- STEP 2: CULTIVATE Using only sustainable methods, our farming practices set the bar around the world.
- STEP 3: DISTILL We are the largest innovator of oil distillation using several proprietary techniques.
- STEP 4: TEST We test all oils using our internal labs, and 3rd party testing. Our standards are higher than international standards.
- STEP 5: SEAL Each bottle is carefully packaged to ensure a perfect product shipped directly to you.
There are 4 types of oils on the market today.
- Authentic: 100% pure ~ Single Species
Authentic essential oils are 100% pure throughout the bottle. There are no added synthetics or other species of oils. They make up the small minority of all essential oils on the market.
- Manipulated: 100% pure ~ Multi-Species
Perfumers are often hired by essential oil companies to help make the final product smell more pleasing and less earthy. They will take away some of the heavier molecules or add very small amounts of another species to enhance the aroma.
- Perfume: pure + Synthetic
You will often see an essential oil labeled as “pure” when they are not. There is a percentage of pure essential oil and a percentage of synthetic to enhance the final aroma. These types of oils often cause headaches and do not have any therapeutic action.
- Synthetic: 100% Synthetic
These “essential oils” are not essential oils at all. Because there are no labeling regulations on the term “essential oil,” full synthetic oils are able to be labeled as pure and sold to unsuspecting consumers to increase profit. These often smell nothing like the original plant, but they can be very close, and that is why a consumer may not know they are synthetic and have possible severe negative reactions.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT TOXINS IN OUR HOMES:
- Personal care products contain some of the worst toxic chemicals. In a study by NIOSH, they tested 2,938 chemicals and found that 884 are toxic, 778 cause acute toxicity, 376 are skin and eye irritants, 314 may cause biological mutations, 218 may cause reproductive complications, and 146 may cause tumors. Source: United States House of Representatives Report from the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), 1989.
- The EPA stated as of 1980 that there are 70,000 chemicals that have been introduced into our environment since 1950. It has been also stated by the US Congress that it is estimated there are 3,000 new chemicals introduced every year. Source: EPA, “Your Guide to the Environmental Protection Agency,” December 1980. “Technologies and Management Strategies for Hazardous Waste Control,” March 1983 by the United States Congress, Office of Technology Assessment.
- There was an average of 150,000 emergency room treated injuries associated with household chemicals from 1997-2004. Source: National Electronic Injury Surveillance System, 1997-2004 as stated in the 2007 Hazard Screening Report – Home and Family Maintenance Products – Household Chemicals by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- “Each year, 90,000 children are treated in emergency departments for unintentional poisonings. Nearly 40 die. 90% of poison incidents happen at home.” Source: The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission “Poison Prevention Poster,” 2013.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO DIFFUSING?
Cold-water diffusers are essential to any family that wants to promote a more health-supportive environment.
The benefits of diffusing:
- Supports more restful sleep.
- Supports better daytime focus.
- Promotes healthy air quality.
- Helps force dust to the floor.
- Creates a healthy ionized room.
- Promotes an uplifting environment.
- Helps neutralize odors.
- Safer alternative to candles.
- Helps to elevate moods.
- Promotes better energy.
Exploring Young Living’s diffusers:
Aria™ Ultrasonic Diffuser – Gorgeous glass dome with a solid American maple wood base, this diffuser comes complete with multiple settings from 1-3 hours, a range of LED color options, plus it plays relaxing spa-inspired music or you may plug in your own personal music device. It’s an ultrasonic atomizer and humidifier all in one.
Rainstone™ Diffuser – This stylish black high-end clay base ultrasonic atomizer and humidifying diffuser comes with multiple settings including timer from 1-8 hours, LED control with various color options, as well as the ability to turn on or off the ionizer.
Dewdrop™ Diffuser – This workhorse diffuser is also a family favorite. It is the only silent diffuser and features 4 hours of run-time with automatic shut-off. It is an atomizer and humidifier all in one.
Desert Mist Diffuser – The Desert Mist diffuser has a stylish modern design and is perfect for any room. It is an atomizer, humidifier, and aroma diffuser in one easy-to-use product. It features up to 10 hours of run-time depending on the mode you use. It has 11 different light settings including a candle-like flickering mode.
Get started today! Become a Member
Visit the Young Living Blog for helpful tips! YL Blog
This content is for general informational purposes only. None of the information is intended to treat, heal, or cure any disease or illness. Please consult with your doctor before changing your health regimen.